Microsoft reissues SharePoint 2013 Service Pack 1

Posted by on Apr 30, 2014 in SharePoint 2013 |

Microsoft has re-released Service Pack 1 for SharePoint 2013, after deactivating the download link earlier this month.

Microsoft does not appear to have issued an official notice about the new SP1 on their website, though Microsoft’s download page indicates that the service pack was re-published on April 17th.

The new April 17 version of SP1 contains previously unreleased fixes, as well as a specific fix for a missing search box issue, although the KB article oddly mentions nothing about resolving the cumulative update problem.

SP1 for SharePoint Server 2013 notably adds compatibility with Windows Server 2012 R2. However, Microsoft’s new KB article notes that getting that compatibility requires

“a new installation of the full product from media.”

OneDrive for Business is now released with SP1 replacing the old SkyDrive Pro. It adds a new setting that allows connections to be set to Yammer instead of the SharePoint social newsfeed. It has improvements pertaining to Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11 compatibility. Developers will also get the benefit of support for OData JavaScript Object Notation Light with the SP1 release.

Read More

CRM 2011: At least one security token in the message could not be validated

Posted by on Feb 27, 2014 in CRM 2011 |

Got this weird error when trying to instantiate the XrmServiceContext class or even generating the OrganizationService.

The only thing that had changed was we had reset that users Password has changed. I tried under a different user login and it worked. Still don’t understand why but hope it saves someone some time.

Read More

FIX: The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed

Posted by on Feb 7, 2014 in Windows Server 2012 |

Recently after a Hyper-V migration, one of our servers gave us this dreaded message “The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed”

I really didn’t feel like removing it from the domain and re-adding it causing all sorts of SID problems.

According to the Microsoft TechNet article:  http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh849751.aspx

The Reset-ComputerMachinePassword cmdlet changes the machine account password that the computers use to authenticate to the domain controllers in the domain.

 

Log on locally, run the powershell command and your problem is now sorted.

Read More

Disable SharePoint Authentication prompts for Office Documents

Posted by on Feb 4, 2014 in SharePoint 2010 Foundation, SharePoint 2010 Server |

Depending on your setup, users will at times receive an authentication prompt when opening Microsoft office documents even when the site is in the Trusted Sites list or the Intranet sites list. There are reasons for this which are complex but you may have a good read of the KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838028

The fix is to modify the SharePoint web application config file (web.config) in the app directory to specifically bypass the authentication prompts. As a rule of thumb, please backup your web.config before making any changes.

 

Read More

Cannot install Reporting Extensions for 2013 with the 2011 extensions installed on the same SQL server

Posted by on Feb 4, 2014 in CRM 2011, CRM 2013 |

The Microsoft Dynamics CRM 5.0 Connector for SQL Server Reporting Services must be uninstalled before Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 Reporting Extensions can be installed.

The error occurred when I was trying to install the reporting extensions for a new CRM 2013 demo instance as you cannot import an existing organisation without the reporting extensions.

Unfortunately there is no way around this (that I have found) and for the demo purpose I installed SQL on the same box as CRM.

Read More

CRM 2011 – Set the Email regarding field to the contact in the recipient address

Posted by on Nov 13, 2013 in CRM 2011 |

Scenario: An email gets sent out and copies in the Queue Email Address. The Email router picks up the email and sticks it in the queue. Client wanted to automatically track the the email against the contact in the recipient address automatically (note: all contacts getting emails sent to already exist as contacts in the system). There was no way to do this using the workflow engine since the Recipient field and the Regarding field are two different types (partylist vs entityreference). I created a  plug-in to do the job. Register the plugin on pre-operation and this should do the job.

 

Read More
%d bloggers like this: